Apply for an Open Enrollment Permit
Applications are now being accepted for School Choice Open Enrollment for students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school. The open enrollment school choice (lottery) will close on December 31. Any applications submitted during the month of December will be approved according to Permit Procedures.
New Student Enrollment
Jordan School District can process new student enrollments online using the Skyward Family Access system. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment. If you already have a Skyward Family Access account or have created a temporary account, please select New Student Enrollment. If you need to know what boundary school your student would attend, please visit the Boundary Locator page. If you wish to apply for a school outside your boundary, please contact the school you wish to enroll your student at and visit our School Choice page for additional information.
- Please Note: Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the required forms to the school to complete the process:
- Legal guardian's picture identification (such as a drivers license, state agency picture identification, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (Grades 9-12)
- Proof of Residency
- Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
- You will need an original birth certificate or a certified copy of a birth certificate for any child who is enrolling in the District.
- You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Visit the immunization requirements page for more information.
- If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, you will need proof of vision screening for Amblyopia. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a pre-school vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- Students moving with a custodial guardian or legal guardian will need a withdrawal from their previous school of attendance, certified birth certificate (if entering kindergarten or a school in Utah for the first time), immunization records, and copies of any academic records that could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled.
- If your child will not be living with a legal guardian, a special permit from Planning and Student Services is required. Please call us at 801-567-8183 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- If your student is attending a Utah public charter school they may be enrolled in their Jordan School District boundary school the following school year provided notice is given to the boundary school on or before June 30th. If an application for admission is submitted during the current school year or after June 30th, the student may be enrolled provided the school has adequate capacity in the student's grade level or required core classes (§53G-6-503).
- Dual enrollment is for home school or private school students only. If your student is attending another public school, charter or online school accessing public funds, they may not enroll in Jordan District schools. Charter and online school students are eligible to participate in extra-curricular activities at their Jordan District boundary school provided the extra-curricular activity is not offered by the student's charter or online school and provided they meet all other requirements as outlined in §53G-6-702 and R277-494-3-5.
Visit the School Choice page for questions on out-of-boundary school attendance.
- Boundary Locator
Find boundaries, maps and bus stop location information for your school.
- Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Strives to help every student graduate high school with the skills and knowledge essential for success.
- Course Catalog
Provides information to assist students in selecting classes for middle school and high school.
- Credit Guidelines
Gives an overview of course credits that accrue toward graduation.
- Dual Language Immersion Programs
An educational approach in which students are taught curriculum content in a second language.
- Fee Schedule
A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
- Fee Waiver Guidelines
Information and application forms provided by the Utah State Board of Education.
- Graduation Requirements
Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
- Immunization Requirements
Outlines the immunization requirements for students in Jordan School District.
- Kindergarten Registration
Information concerning how to register your student for Kindergarten and when to do so.
- Online Classes for Grades 9-12
A program that allows high school students to register for online classes each semester.
- School Choice/Open Enrollment
A program that allows families to choose which schools their students will attend.