Students who are new to Jordan School (have never attended a Jordan District school) may enroll online with our student information and gradebook system called Skyward Family Access. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment
If a Skyward Family Access account or a temporary account has already been created, please select New Student Enrollment. If you need to have your Family Access password reset, call our helpdesk at 801.567.8737.
If computer access is unavailable, parents/guardians may also enroll their students at their Jordan District school.
NOTE: Preschool enrollments are processed through the Jordan Child Development Center and should not be submitted using the links above. For information regarding enrolling a student in preschool, call 801-567-8510 to reach the Jordan Child Development Center.
Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the process (schools may require additional information):
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (drivers license, state agency picture identification, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (Grades 9-12)
- Proof of Residency - (Click this link to view acceptable documentation)
Need to know what boundary school your student would attend? Visit the Boundary Locator page.
Here are a few things to know:
- To enter kindergarten , children must be five years old on or before September 1.
- Want to enroll in Preschool? For preschool, contact the Jordan Child Development Center.
- Your student will be placed in a grade according to age. We may honor an acceleration or retention with adequate documentation.
- An original or a certified copy of a birth certificate is required for any child.
- If the child is not living with a parent/legal guardian, authorization is required to enroll. Please call us at 801.567.8183.
- Proof of immunization against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. is required. Visit the Immunization Requirements page for more information.
- A proof of vision screening for amblyopia is required if your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a preschool vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- Want to return to Jordan from a charter school? Returning charter students may enroll in their Jordan School District boundary school the following school year provided notice is given on or before June 30. The student may be enrolled during the current school year or after June 30, provided the requested school has adequate capacity in the student's grade level or required core classes (Utah Code §53G-6-503).
- Charter and online school students are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities or co-curricular classes at their Jordan District boundary school provided the activity/classes are not offered by the charter or online school, and provided they meet all other requirements as outlined in Utah Code §53G-6-702 and R277-494-3-5.
- Students may maintain their home school status and be dual-enrolled in a public school, as long as it does not exceed the daily enrollment allowed by the State (less than fifty percent). Many online schools use public school funding, therefore students may not be enrolled in these schools and their local school simultaneously.
Those who wish to attend a school other than their resident boundary school may file a request online for a School Choice Permit at the school they desire to attend. Permit applications can be submitted during three windows:
- December (early enrollment) - Permit requests will be considered by category, priority and/or a lottery.
- January 1st to the 3rd Friday in February - Permits requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- After the 3rd Friday in February - Permit requests will be considered based on staffing ratios.
- To view the permit procedures, categories and priorities for school year 2020-21, CLICK HERE.
Once a permit is granted, there is no need to "re-apply" each year. A permit remains in force until a student graduates (or moves to the next level, i.e. graduates from elementary to middle), the student is no longer a Utah resident, the student is expelled or suspended, or the District determines that enrollment has exceeded the allowed threshold for the school (at which time those affected would be notified.)
To Apply for a 2020-21 School Choice Permit (next school year) click a link below:
To apply for a 2019-20 School Choice Permit (current school year) click a link below:
- School Choice Application for School Year 2019-20 (English)
- School Choice Application for School Year 2019-20 (Spanish)
For additional information regarding permits, visit our Open Enrollment/School Choice page.