Students who are new to Jordan School (have never attended a Jordan District school) may enroll online with our student information and gradebook system called Skyward Family Access. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment.
If a Skyward Family Access account or a temporary account has already been created, please select New Student Enrollment. If you need to have your Family Access password reset, call our helpdesk at 801.567.8737.
(If computer access is unavailable, parents/guardians may also enroll their students at their Jordan District school.)
Please Note: Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the following required forms to the school to complete the process (schools may require additional information):
- Parent/legal custodial guardian's picture identification (drivers license, state agency picture identification, or passport)
- Child's original or certified birth certificate
- Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (Grades 9-12)
- Proof of Residency Model Procedures - English/Spanish
Need to know what boundary school your student would attend? Visit the Boundary Locator page.
School Choice Permit
Students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school may file a request for a School Choice permit at the school they desire to attend. Applications are submitted online through the District website.
Beginning the first of December through the third Friday in February, permit requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis as the school's capacity allows. After the third week in February, permit requests are considered based on staffing ratios. For questions regarding out-of-boundary school attendance, or additional permit information, visit our Open Enrollment/School Choice page.
- To enter kindergarten , children must be five years old on or before September 1.
- When a student enrolls in Jordan School District, they are placed according to their age. Jordan School District may honor an acceleration or retention with adequate documentation.
- An original or a certified copy of a birth certificate is required for any child enrolling in Jordan School District.
- Proof of immunization against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. is required. Visit the immunization requirements page for more information.
- If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, a proof of vision screening for Amblyopia is required. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a preschool vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- Students moving to Jordan School District will need a withdrawal form from their previous school of attendance, an original or certified birth certificate, immunization records, and copies of any academic records which could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will then send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled and records are requested.
- If your child will not be living with a parent or legal guardian, authorization from Planning and Student Services is required to enroll. Please call us at 801.567.8183 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
- If your student is currently attending a Utah public charter school, they may be enrolled in their Jordan School District boundary school the following school year provided notice is given to the boundary school on or before June 30th. If an application for admission is submitted during the current school year or after June 30th, the student may be enrolled provided the school has adequate capacity in the student's grade level or required core classes (§53G-6-503).
- Dual enrollment is for home school or private school students only. Charter and online school students are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities or co-curricular classes at their Jordan District boundary school provided the activity/classes are not offered by the charter or online school, and provided they meet all other requirements as outlined in Utah Code §53G-6-702 and R277-494-3-5.
- Boundary Locator Find boundaries, maps and bus stop location information for your school.
- Comprehensive School Counseling Program Strives to help every student graduate high school with the skills and knowledge essential for success.
- Course Catalog Provides information to assist students in selecting classes for secondary school.
- Credit Guidelines Gives an overview of course credits that accrue toward graduation.
- Dual Language Immersion Programs An educational approach in which students are taught curriculum content in a second language.
- Fee Schedule A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
- Fee Waiver Guidelines Information and application forms provided by the Utah State Board of Education.
- Graduation Requirements Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
- Immunization Requirements Outlines the immunization requirements needed for enrollment in Jordan School District.
- Kindergarten Registration Information concerning how to register your student for kindergarten, age requirements and when register.
- Online Classes for Grades 7-12 A program which allows high school students to register for online classes each semester.
- Special Education Services, programs and curriculum alternatives for student who need specialized instruction.
- Transportation Answers to your busing needs, such as eligibility, late buses and bus stop times.