New Student Enrollment
Jordan School District can process new student enrollments online using the Skyward Family Access system. If you do not have a Skyward Family Access account, please select Temporary Account for New Student Enrollment. If you already have a Skyward Family Access account or have created a temporary account, please select New Student Enrollment. If you have questions on which schools are in your boundary, please visit the Boundary Locator page. If you wish to apply for a school outside your boundary, please visit the School Choice page.
- Please Note: Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please take the required forms to the school to complete the process:
- Legal guardian's picture identification (such as a drivers license, state agency picture identification, or passport)
- Child's original birth certificate
- Child's unofficial transcripts from ALL previous schools (Grades 9-12)
- Proof of residency
- Are you planning to enroll a child in a Jordan District school?
Here are a few things parents should know.
- Children must be five years old on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten.
- You will need an original birth certificate for any child who is enrolling in the District.
- You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized against communicable diseases including measles, mumps, polio, etc. Visit the immunization requirements page for more info.
- If your child is under age 7 and registering for the first time in Jordan District, you will need proof of vision screening for Amblyopia. This screening can be done by a licensed physician or health care professional or at a pre-school vision clinic conducted by Jordan School District nurses.
- Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.
- Students moving with a custodial guardian or legal guardian need a withdrawal from their previous school of attendance, certified birth certificate (if entering kindergarten or a school in Utah for the first time), immunization records, and copies of any academic records that could assist in placing the student in appropriate classes. The previous school will send official school records to the new school once the student has officially enrolled.
- If the child will not be living with a legal guardian, a special permit from Planning and Student Services is required. Please call us at 801-567-8183 OR 801-567-8259 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Visit the School Choice page for questions on out-of-boundary school attendance.
- Boundary Locator
Find school boundaries, maps and bus stop locations.
- College & Career Ready Resources
Students can map their future using this guide to help them graduate from high school and prepare for college and career opportunities.
- Course Catalog & Credit Guidelines
Provides information to assist secondary school students in selecting classes.
- Dual Language Immersion Programs
An educational approach in which students are taught curriculum content in a second language.
- Fee Waivers
Forms and information for waiving select Jordan School District fees.
- Graduation Requirements
Identifies the minimum courses and credits needed for a student to graduate from high school.
- Immunization Requirements
Outlines the immunization requirements for students in Jordan School District.
- Kindergarten Registration
Information concerning how to register your student for Kindergarten and when to do so.
- Online Classes for Grades 9-12
A program that allows high school students to register for online classes each semester.
- School Choice/Open Enrollment
A program that allows families to choose which schools their students will attend.
- School Fees
A general breakdown of fees that elementary, middle, and high school students may pay.
- USTAR Courses
USTAR enables students to advance their progress in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.