Skip to content

Foreign Student Registration

Jordan School District is able to accept students on F-1 and J-1 visas for full-year enrollment.

F-1 Visa Students

Applications for students on F-1 visas seeking an I-20 form issued by the Jordan School District (or a transfer from a private school to the Jordan School District) will be accepted from late winter through June of each year for the following school year. No new or transferred enrollments will be accepted after July 1.

J-1 Visa Students

Jordan School District welcomes foreign exchange students who are issued a J-1 Visa to enter the United States for up to one year for a cultural and educational experience and whose placement is approved by the Jordan School District Board of Education and the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET). The Utah State Board of Education establishes quotas regarding the number of foreign students each secondary school may accept. CSIET organizations submit student applications to Planning and Enrollment. When an application is accepted, the student is placed in a host family’s boundary school (or non-boundary school if a permit is approved by the desired school). Applications are accepted from host families that reside in Jordan School District only.

Non-Immigrant Visitor

In most cases, a child dependent visa status (a child who accompanies a principal visa holder to the United States) is allowed to attend K-12 school.  The student must still abide by the rules governing his/her non-immigrant status, and may not extend his/her stay for the purpose of finishing the school year.  Students in the United States with a “visitor” or “tourist” status are not eligible to attend a Jordan School District school.

All foreign students on a visa will need to obtain a “Verification of Guardianship” prior to registration at the local school. This form is available from Planning and Enrollment in the Student Services Department at the District Office.  The following documents are required to obtain a “Verification of Guardianship”:

    • Visa
    • Birth Certificate
    • Immunization Records
    • Proof of Residency
    • Guardian Identification

Foreign students who have previously graduated from high school or equivalent, whose class has graduated, or who are not age-appropriate for the desired grade will not be eligible for enrollment.

2024-25 Applications Updated March 12, 2024

F-1 Visa Students:

Students may begin working on applications to attend through the F-1 visa program at any time. The District has a hard cutoff of June 30, 2024, and applications must be complete when submitted on or before that date.

Applications will require payment of a USD$150 application fee (due after submitting your application) and payment in full of tuition (USD$9,553 for 2024-25). All fees must be paid by bank wire transfer with any associated transfer fees paid by the sender. Details on making a wire transfer payment will be provided when the application is initially received and if enrollment is offered.

Students interested in starting the application process may download the application documents at this link. The application documents, when complete, will be submitted using the link below, along with copies of the student's birth certificate, passport, current immunizations, and school transcript (with English translation, if necessary).

Tuition for the 2024-25 school year will be USD$9,553. After you completed application has been submitted, you will receive instructions for paying the application fee of USD$150 by wire transfer. Tuition will only be paid if your application is approved.

At this time, we are unable to accept additional applications for enrollment at
Herriman High School or Mountain Ridge High School.

2024-25 F-1 Student Application

J-1 Visa Students:

The following items are required as part of a student’s application.

  • Agency representatives should review the Guidelines for Foreign Exchange Enrollment.
  • Agency representatives should submit a signed and notarized copy of the Agency Assurances and the agency's CSIET certification. Every agent should submit these documents. Planning & Enrollment must receive the form before placement decisions can be made. The form may be submitted using the link below:

Submit Assurances and CSIET Certification

For each student’s application, the agency representative will submit the following through the application form:

  • Student information, including requested school and grade
  • A copy of the student’s application with your agency, including a physical exam/doctor’s statement and your agency’s permission to enroll form
  • A copy of the student’s ELTiS 2.0 score report. ELTiS transitioned off of the 1.0 exam to the 2.0 exam in 2020.
  • A copy of the student’s birth certificate
  • A copy of the student’s passport
  • A copy of the student’s immunization record
  • A copy of the student’s school transcripts
  • Host family information
  • Host family background check

At this time, we are unable to accept additional applications for enrollment at
Herriman High School or Mountain Ridge High School.

2024-25 J-1 Student Application