Skip to content

Open Enrollment / School Choice

Those who wish to attend a school other than their resident boundary school may file a request for a School Choice Permit online. An application for a permit is considered during three separate permit windows:

  • November 15 to December 31 (early enrollment) - Permit requests are considered by category, priority and/or a lottery.
  • January 1st to the 1st Friday in February (early enrollment) - Permit requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • After the 1st Friday in February (late enrollment) - Permit requests are considered based on staffing ratios.

Students accepted to a program such as Accelerated Learning or Dual Language Immersion do not require a permit as long as they are in the program. Kindergarten siblings of program students may be granted a one-year permit to attend the program school with their sibling, but will need to either enroll in the program or be granted a permit for first grade or beyond.

Once a permit is granted, there is no need to re-apply each year.  A permit remains in force until a student graduates (or moves to the next level, i.e. graduates from elementary to middle), the student is no longer a Utah resident, the student is expelled or suspended, or the District determines that enrollment has exceeded the allowed threshold for the school.

Parents/guardians using the Skyward Family Access New Student Online Enrollment system to enroll a student new to Jordan School District should choose their student's boundary school for initial enrollment, and then apply for a School Choice permit to attend a school other than their boundary school.

Planning & Enrollment Logo link to home page.