Skip to content

Enrollment & Registration Information – Welcome!

You may enroll your new student(s) in a Jordan School District school by using our online student enrollment portal called "Skyward Family Access". Choose one of the links below to begin enrolling your new student:

For Parents/Guardians who do not have a
Jordan Skyward Family Access account:
For Parents/Guardians who have an existing
Jordan Skyward Family Access Account:
Enroll: New Account Enroll: Existing Account
Interested in registering for Preschool? Please contact the Jordan Child Development Center directly.

If you need to have your Family Access password reset, contact your local school. If computer access is unavailable, parents or guardians may begin the enrollment process in person at the local school.

Once you have completed the online enrollment portion, please contact the school to complete the enrollment process. You will need at least the following documents (schools may require additional information):

  • Proof of residency inside the boundaries of the school where the student is seeking to enroll. Examples of proof of residency can be found at this link.
  • Picture identification (driver's license, state agency picture ID, or passport) for the parent or guardian
  • The student's original or certified birth certificate. The legal name on the birth certificate will be the name used on school records.
  • Your student's immunization history. Utah law requires all public school students to provide proof of having completed certain immunizations. More information is available from Jordan Nursing Services at this link.
  • Any withdrawal paperwork or academic records provided by the previous school, if applicable.
  • For students in grades 9-12 wishing to transfer credit, copies of transcripts or credits earned at other schools.

For school contact information, please visit the "Our Schools"  page.

Frequently Asked Enrollment Questions

How old must my student be to start school? To enroll in first grade, Utah law requires that a student be six years old on or before September 1 of the year they start school. This means that kindergarteners must be at least five years old on or before September 1 of the year they start school. If your student is not eligible for kindergarten, they may be able to attend a Jordan District preschool. More information on preschool is available from the Jordan Child Development Center at

What do I do if I would like to have my student repeat or skip a grade? Jordan School District places children in their age-appropriate grade based on the entry requirements for first grade listed above. We will honor grade placements made by other education entities in the United States. Parents or guardians who wish to have their student repeat or skip a grade should consult with the principal at the local school when enrolling.

Can my student enroll or live with someone who is not their legal guardian? In the majority of circumstances, no - only a legal guardian may enroll a student. Utah law does allow for some exceptions, but authorization from Planning & Enrollment is required before attempting to enroll. Please call us at 801-567-8183 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. for assistance.

Can I attend a school that is not my boundary school? Enrollment in the Jordan Virtual Academy schools is open to all residents of the district. Students wishing to attend a local school that is not their boundary school must obtain a School Choice / Out-of-Boundary permit.

Can my student attend a Jordan District school and a home school, private school, or charter school? Dual enrollment is allowed, but Utah law imposes certain requirements depending on where the student will attend:

  • Home School: Students who have withdrawn to home school by submitting a home school affidavit may attend up to three classes (or less than 50% of the school day) before they are required to enroll full-time as a student.
  • Private School: Private school students may participate in up to three courses or extra-curricular classes that are not offered at their private school after receiving consent from their private school.
  • Charter School: Charter school students may participate in up to three courses or extra-curricular classes that are not offered at their charter school after receiving consent from their charter school.

Can my student return to Jordan School District from an area charter school? Students wishing to return to a district school from an area charter school must notify the district school prior to June 30 of the year they intend to return in order to be guaranteed a seat. After June 30, seats are available only if space is available in the requested grade.