MANUAL - A secondary attendance day consists of either a seven (7) or eight (8) period day. Skyward is the official program for attendance accounting and shall be used for any student enrolled in a Jordan District school. Absences shall be recorded in Skyward as follows:
- A student is considered present if no attendance is marked for the period. (Some schools use the Skyward positive attendance program which is entered differently. )
- Attendance is entered in Skyward by the end of each period by the classroom teacher.
- A student is considered tardy “T” if the student comes to class after the bell but within the first ten (10) minutes of class.
- If the student comes to class after the first ten (10) minutes of class they are considered “way late” and the attendance code of “W” may be entered in Skyward.
- Schools may set up attendance requirements in Skyward which trigger a “No Grade” in a student’s gradebook for students who have not met attendance requirements. An NG results in a loss of credit for that class.
- Schools may offer Attendance School for students to recover their credits due to absences.
- Students may be required to attend and charged a fee (according to unexcused absent type) to attend Attendance School.